WHAT IS CBD?
CBD, also known as cannabinoids is one of the various compounds found in the cannabis plant. In recent times, there is a hype surrounding the CBD as there are claims that its oil has numerous health benefits. In a bid to verify these assertions, more researchers are working to understand its components and know more about its prowess. CBD oils contain elements of cannabinoids, and they are used for different purposes as several users have confirmed its efficacy in the treatment and management of health disorders.
The most popular compound in cannabis before the hype of CBD is the delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), and renowned to be the most vibrant compound that is responsible for taking users on a higher level. It is important to note that cannabis comprises THC and CBD, but these compounds have a distinct impact on the body. THC has the power to alter the mind and make the user high when cooked or smoked. On the other hand, CBD is different from THC as it does not make the individual feel high and does not distort the state of mind of the user.
Though there are confirmations that CBD can trigger changes in the body, its numerous medical advantages cannot be ignored.
THE ORIGIN OF CBD
Cannabis Sativa is the parent of marijuana and hemp, and these contain CBD and THC. Being part of the numerous cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant, the CBD instigates incredible effects on the body of the consumer by associating with some receptors. It is important to note that the human body is responsible for the production of some specific cannabinoids, and also possesses two major receptors namely CB1 receptors and CB2 receptors.
There are various CB1 receptors in the brain and the entire body of a human being. The function of the CB1 receptors located in the brain is to ensure the movement and coordination, mood, appetite, pain, memories, etc. These receptors are easily affected by the THC when inhaled into the body. Most CB2 receptors are present in the immune system and coordinate the aspect of pain and inflammation.
ADVANTAGES OF USING CBD
- CBD comprises anti-inflammatory properties that offer relief for individuals feeling pain.
- CBD is used as a natural alternative for relief from chronic pain.
- It is used by persons who want to quit smoking and people who have issues with opioid addiction.
- CBD can be used for the management and treatment of mood-related symptoms, pain, insomnia, as well as anxiety.
- Individuals with epileptic seizures can also make use of Epidiolex to treat epilepsy.
- CBD is also used to handle the adverse side effects of cancer treatment options such as chemotherapy. The cannabis compounds are renowned for the suppression of the development of cancer cells in the human body.
- Individuals who have panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, and post-traumatic disorders can utilize the amazing prowess of CBD.
- People who have acne can also make use of CBD to treat its presence.
- According to a recent study, the use of CBD in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease can enhance the ability of the patients in recognition of persons. It also inhibits the growth process of Alzheimer’s disease in the body.